Spode Music Week offers a unique opportunity to combine practical music making in a friendly atmosphere with optional participation in the courses celebration of the Catholic Liturgy in both Latin and English. In 2015, Spode will be held at Mount St. Mary's School in Derbyshire.
- The blending of sacred and secular music-making, set in a beautiful environment.
- A structured day with a wide range of musical activities and free time for afternoon pursuits.
- Informal choral and chamber music-making for a range of abilities.
- Musical activities for children.
- Lectures on a range of musical subjects.
- Daily recitals given by professional performers.
- Extensive gardens and a licensed bar.
Features of Spode Music Week
There is a sung Mass and Compline each day, the music ranging from full Latin liturgy to works composed especially for Spode Music Week. Rehearsals each day concentrate on the music for the main Course Mass on Friday and secular choral and orchestral works performed in an informal concert on the Thursday. This concert also gives opportunities for members to prepare and perform music individually, or in small groups. Members are encouraged to bring pieces of music they wish to play.